Conditions for entry in the 2019 Barrie Beehag Ski Race
Entries are closed.
Race Date: Saturday 16th November 2019
All competitors must provide their SRA picture id Membership Card when signing in and when being breath tested. Signing in will be via the bar code on your SRA membership card. All skiers are to present their own helmets to the breath testing area.
The entries for the event will be capped to 130 entries and close on Tuesday 22nd October 2019 5pm
Your entry fee of $415 Includes the following
- $188.50 Race Safe H20 Fee and SRA boat levy
- $226.50 Entry fee, which includes the costs to run the event including SRA sanctioning, Ambulance, administration costs, trophies etc.
Note that there will be a transaction fee (1.5%) for the use of a Credit Card, when you complete your payment.
It is recommended that at least one Telstra mobile phone be carried in the boat, as this service has been found to provide the best coverage in this area, in the case of an emergency. Please ensure that this number is noted against driver or observer, in the case that we need to contact you urgently.
All boats as per SRA sanctioning are to carry RaceSafe H2O. Further information about this device, where to get mounting kits, where to mount it, and what it can do can be obtained from the SRA website or https://www.skiracing.com.au/racesafe/
This event will be timed utilising the Race Safe H20 Unit, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is fitted correctly. Please go to link above and double check fitting instructions as they have changed since you initially fitted. If we are unable to read your unit, you will not receive a time for the event.
Any breach of MWSC bylaws will lead to penalties / disqualification as per the discretion of the Chief judge in consultation with MWSC officials. Decisions are final and will be accepted by all team members as per entry form.
- Rules The Barrie Beehag Ski Race is conducted under Ski Racing Australia Rules (“SRA”) and Moama Water Sports Club (“MWSC”) Bylaws. All competitors will be conversant with all such RULES and BYLAWS. The MWSC reserves the right to refuse entry to any Competitor at any time prior to commencement of their race.
- Entry to event An entry is not deemed to be accepted until all payments have been made.
- Refunds Full refunds (minus admin fee of $30) only given if notification is given in writing prior to 4pm on Monday 4th November 2019. These will be processed to the team captain within two weeks after the conclusion of the event.
RaceSafe H20 refund given if notification is given in writing prior to the 12 noon Friday 8th November 2018
- Licence All Competitors must have current SRA approved State Ski Racing Licence and State Maritime Licence.
- Briefing.ALL competitors[drivers, observers and skiers], 13 years and over MUST attend the verbal briefing at top of boat launching ramp on Sat 16th Nov at 8.00am sharp. Please ensure you arrive early and complete breath testing and helmet checking which opens at 6.30am and closes at 7.45am prior to the briefing. Please stay in area and do not leave until briefing is complete. Please ensure that you have your SRA card on you. Failure to do so will see team not able to start race. A copy of briefing notes will be sent to all competitors, but you must attend verbal briefing on site.
- Crew Responsibility Competitors will obey directions from all Officials as per SRA Rules and SRA Code of Conduct. It is the responsibility of the entire team to sign in at briefing at the Information area and attend the briefing. All competitors will be conversant with MWSC Briefing Sheet regulations regarding withdrawals, injuries and recovery of stricken boats. Breaches of these rules may incur disqualification from future MWSC races.
- Breath Testing – Will occur from 6.30am on Saturday morning. Please be aware of rule 8.2 (i(i)), competitors undertaking a breath test must not consume any liquids or food while waiting in line for their test and must record a blood alcohol level of 0.000.
- Alcohol/Drugs Random breath testing/drug testing will be carried out. Alcohol is not permitted to be carried in boats. Consumption of Alcohol is not permitted by Competitors until Boat and Crew are out of the water at Marina. NO Alcohol is to be consumed whilst waiting on beach to enter Marina.
- Boat Regulations Adequate silencing devices must be fitted, and noise level must not exceed 85 DBA. SRA Rule 7.5 All competitors must supply number board and numbers. Incorrect board size at the end of racing will incur 10% penalty. No refuelling in the water at any time.
- Practising. Any boats practising on course prior to the event must comply with all maritime regulations and carry all safety gear. Practise can only be done between the hours of sunrise and sunset. MWSC take no responsibility for boats or teams practising.
- Notification of numbers available from MWSC after Thursday 7th November 2019. All team captains will be emailed the number, please check with them before contacting the club
- Unforeseen circumstances MWSC will not be responsible for any delays or cancellation of the event caused by a force majeure event including but not limited to acts of God, fire, war, terrorism, epidemic, earthquake, strike, bad weather, labour controversy, order of court, shortage or interruptions of facilities or material supply.
- Withdrawal No boat is to move along the course once they have ceased racing, until the Sweep Boat has passed displaying the Green Flag stating “River Open”. Any boat moving on course without permission of race control will have complete team disqualified from next MWSC event.
- Substitutions All substitutions are to be in writing via email. No substitutions will take place during the Race (no swapping positions), breach of this rule will incur disqualification.
- Exclusion area. Any boat leaving or entering the exclusion (River Closed) area from 6 am Saturday 16th November 2019 to 6pm Saturday 16th November 2019 will be disqualified, If after racing entire team will be disqualified from next MWSC event.
- Race Day Report Failure to complete race day report within 1 hour from completion of racing will see time/result not being posted. Please comply. Any incidents must be written on race day report and if required both SRA and Maritime incident report forms filled in and returned with race day report.
- House boats, car and trailer parking.
- No houseboats can be used to tie boats up to, walk down the side of, sit or stand on the back or enter in any way, penalty disqualification
- No access to either side of Sanctuary Lane by participants or spectators (Sanctuary Lane are the roads that go off the side of the boat ramp in front of the houseboats)
- Participants are to ensure all litter is cleaned up in trailer park before launching boats and after retrieval.
- Parking at launch ramp area is to only be in the designated areas, support crews are to move cars etc to rear of Deep Creek hotel.
- Presentation Failure by team to attend presentation will see any trophies being left at MWSC office and your responsibility to collect within 14 days.
- Images and Likeness Participants agree for MWSC to use their image and likeness for event promotion and media.
The Barrie Beehag Ski Race is proudly presented by the Moama Water Sports Club Ltd. Any behaviour deemed not to be in the “spirit” of the rules of Water Ski Racing will incur a penalty from the club or SRA.