11th November 2019
SKI RACING ACTION ON THE MURRAY AT DEEP CREEK
All is set for a great day of racing in the 2019 Barrie Beehag Ski Race. The action starts at Deep Creek Marina on Saturday 16th November 2019.
The action starts at 9.30 am. Spectators are encouraged to arrive early as in this race you get to see them start and finish – a bonus. Entry to the area is $5 and the foreshore area at Deep Creek is lovely and grassed. There will be food, drinks and official merchandise, with a number of displays from our supporters.
The 108 competitors will be leaving 1 minute apart with the last boat leaving around 11:15 am, then we wait for the return of the boats, around
Some teams to watch out for are:
- Arkham Asylum – they won the Murray Darling 110 (MD110) Ski race on the Melbourne Cup weekend, along with the Grafton Bridge to Bridge in October and the Hawkesbury 110 in August. They are on a roll, taking out the first three river classics of the season.
- The Mistress, last years winner and trying for two in a row.
- Sapphire F1 – they won Unlimited Inboard at the MD110, with Lachlan Nix and Jake Ellery doing the skiing, they are on fire.
- Liquid Force – they won at the MD110 in 8 Litre
- Sid Vicious Racing, a local boat won 6 Litre at the MD110
- The Curse and Hollow Point both broke records at the MD110.
- The Wedge from Kyabram also won the 70mph at MD110
- Kausin Revenge and Kausin Glamour were also winners at the MD110
- Kim McEgan is the oldest skier, skiing behind Reload in the Unlimited Outboard
- Huddi Spits is the youngest skier, skiing behind Arkham Asylum F1 in Under 12’s.
By 4 pm all the boats will have returned to the Marina and we will know who is the overall winner of the 2019 Barrie Beehag Ski Race. Before and after presentations there will be musical entertainment from “Three’s a Crowd” on the lawns outside the Deep Creek Marina Hotel.
We look forward to a great weekend of racing and hope that you will be able to join us to see and capture the action.
Follow us on Facebook (@barriebeehag) or Instagram (@barriebeehagskirace) or via our webpage www.barriebeehag.com.au